What if you could say what you feel to a man without getting nervous, anxious, and all tied up in knots?
And what if he could hear your feelings without shutting off and ignoring you or belittling you?
You can and he can, and it all starts with knowing WHAT YOU feel.
Try this simple Tool: ROLL YOUR SHOULDERS
1. Wherever you are right now, stop for a second, put your arms down by your sides, and notice where your shoulders are.
Usually, the tightness in our shoulders is the easiest place to notice and release tension and resistance, so first, just notice if your
shoulders are up high, if there’s stiffness in your arm – just NOTICE.
2. Now, instead of putting your shoulders back, military style, ROLL them outward, so that the palms of your hands follow along and end up facing forward.
Be sure you roll from your shoulders, and not by just turning your hands or your arms (if you’re very tense, you’ll naturally try to do this from your hands and arms instead of from your shoulders – so stay aware).
3. Notice how your shoulders now naturally soften down?
This is a great first start towards feeling your feelings.
4. If you notice a stray feeling creeping up from your stomach as you roll your arms – GREAT!
5. Try to identify the feeling as either “sad, mad, glad” or “afraid.” (When I do this, the first thing I feel is usually sadness – we’ll talk more about where these feelings come from and what they’re about, but for now – just notice and try to put a simple description to the feeling.)
And that’s it!
Let me know how Rolling Your Arms works for you (oh…though you’ll find so many body-related Tools in all my programs — I was asked specifically about this, so…my full “Body Dialogues,” where I walk you through a process I learned long ago to get yourself into a beautiful relationship with your body, is in my Heart Connection Toolkit) — it’s such a simple thing to do, and very often, our shoulders are the key to unwinding all the tension in our bodies and clearing up our “vibe.”